Thursday, January 15, 2009

Not yet the end of the blog!

This post is especially for family and friends in the nyc area:  as David makes the transition back to his own place in the Village (354 W. 12th St., apt. 4C), it will reassure me (and him, a little) no end to set up a daily check-on-Dave schedule.  It is a third-floor walkup, and I have noticed that David is somewhat uncoordinated after his hospital stay and needs to be careful on the stairs, for instance.  He also could use help getting through some daily tasks, like grocery shopping, paying bills, keeping appointments, etc., since he has not recovered cognitively to a really independent standard.  

So here's what I propose, with David's permission:  I will physically show up at his place on Sundays.  Can any of you volunteer to check on him, at least by phone, one other day in the week for the next couple of weeks?  You could post a comment to this blog to claim a day, or email me and I will post the schedule as it develops.  I think it would not be out of place to suggest bringing a nutritious meal once in a while, either as part of the check-up schedule or on a happenstance basis. I don't think David is up for making much more than a bowl of cereal or microwaving prepared food at present.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT!!!!! I can't help, since I'm not there, but I'm glad Dave is doing so much better. Much love to you all,

r.

Don said...

I happy to visit Dave 1 day a week for as long as it helps.
My cell is 310-755-1905, so give me a call and we can set up the details. Looks like Thursdays might be best, but I am flexible. Regards, Don S